Monday, October 22, 2012

stitches.

Last week, I was making a smoothie right before heading off to work. We only had a couple of strawberries left, so I decided to use our frozen peaches. They were all stuck together in a bag, so I used a butter knife to pry them apart. Then before I knew it the knife sliped through & into my skin. I had stabbed myself! I started bleeding super bad & I could not get the blood to slow down to see how bad it was. I called Taylor in a panic & finally was able to get a picture to send to him. I decided it wasn't so bad and I could just butterfly it together. Meanwhile, he had sent the picture to his dad, who said I need to come in to get stitches. If anyone knows me they know I am a big baby when it comes to anything that has to do with needles. Luckily Taylor had left work & drove me to his dad's clinic at the hospital & was with me the entire time. I think that was the biggest reason I didn't freak out more. In fact, I would say I did really good. ; ) So, two months of marriage and I've already had stitches. Taylor has made a great effort to keep all knives away from me. I think I am the only person who can stab themselves and get stitches with a butter knife. I am not going to post a picture of the original cut, because I don't think I can handle looking at it anymore. I got four stitches but one fell out. So now i'm left with three. 
So thankful my father-in-law could stitch me up so nice & quick!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I nominated you for an award on my blog, but totally don't feel like you have to participate if you don't want to. :)

    http://ashnshae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, i would die...i havent ever gotten stitched up before. although there are plenty of times i probably should have!

    also...i passed one of those award things on to you as well! haha so you can check it out here:

    http://megsadorkable.blogspot.com/2012/10/im-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through Ashlee's blog! Such a fun blog! Now following! I'd love for you to check out mine!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete