Sunday, March 17, 2013

busy, busy, busy.

{A few pictures of the kids I nanny. I spent most of my time there this week, & was extremely grateful to the amazing weather we had so we could go outside & explore the mountain!}

This past week was the busiest and craziest week! I had 17 hours of school, & 40 hours of work on top of that. Trying to make time for anything else {homework, making dinner...} was a huge challenge. I find myself getting busier and busier as the year goes on, & in some ways I like it. I like to always be doing something. Working on a new project & checking off my to-do list is one of my favorite things to do. I did a lot of list-checking-off over spring break, & was really happy with how much I actually got done! But then just like that *WHAM* I was welcomed back to real life with the busiest week of all. I am glad it's over, and here's to hoping I can get caught up on everything I need to today & be ready for the rest of the week!

Sometimes I find myself looking at the future & being so excited. I can't wait until Taylor & I don't have to be in school anymore. I can't wait until I don't have to work until 9 pm so I can actually make a good dinner & Taylor won't have to so much. I keep thinking about how great everything will be in a few years. Not that it's not great now, but I just think it will be better. Lately I have been trying to embrace the way things are right now. I may not love school the way I feel like I should, & I may not have the time to do everything I want to, I may not be as good of a cook as I feel like I should be, but that time will come later. I know one day I'll probably look back on our college years & think about how easy we had it & how nice that time was. So here's to embracing the way things are, because I'll never get these times again, & I don't want to waste them wishing them away.
----------
P.S. I watched the kids on Friday at 7pm until Saturday at 9pm. Taylor came with me, & we made a scavenger hunt and said it was from a leprechaun. When they woke up and found it where they had set out their leprechaun trap, they were so excited. Seeing their excitement was so fun to watch. I can't wait until we have our own kids to do fun things like that with. I also know Taylor is going to be the best dad in the world. The kids absolutely loved him. I'm so lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Cute kids! They are so lucky to have you as their Nanny! I 'm amazed how much you are getting done! I love your attitude! You ll be wonderful parents!
    Love you and so proud of you!
    Mama

    ReplyDelete