Saturday, March 14, 2015

kauai.

For Christmas from the Meeks we got a trip to Hawaii. It was for March 6th so the anticipation was killer but also half of the fun! Getting work off for a whole week was difficult and writing full blown sub plans was the worst, and coming back to parent teacher conferences the first day was rough... But it was all worth it! We stayed at a house which was amazing and right on Kekaha beach that is only there for half of the year. After beach hopping for a few days it proved to be our favorite one! Lucky us! The first morning we all woke up early because of jet lag and Taylor and I went and walked along the beach. I wish I could start every morning like that. Amazing! 

I am OBSESSED with these flower plants. I want to figure out some kind of way to take them home and plant them in my yard...

Three of us in our Albion Swimsuits! Too bad my in-laws have such rocking bods! My pregnant body looks more like a whale next to them! {Insert Emoji laugh/cry guy}
The whole week was filled with so much fun and relaxation. We hiked Waimea Canyon- my favorite activity of the trip! It was breath taking! 

We kayaked then hiked to Secret Falls. This was so gorgeous too but my arms literally were going to fall off by the end! Such a good arm workout. 

We went on a boat ride to see the Napali coast. I got carsick a lot in Hawaii, i think it was the mixture of being in a van (I always get sick in vans) and being pregnant. So I was a little worried about going on a boat ride, but thought I would be safe since I have been on a cruise and didn't get sick. HA! Boy was I wrong. I was find the first third of our trip. As long as we were moving I didn't get sick. We saw so many dolphins, whales, manatees, sea turtles, seals. It was incredible. Then. The boat stopped moving, and we started rocking sideways as the waves came. And I was sick from there on out. I barfed out the back- something extremely rare for me! I have only barfed once my whole pregnancy. Then I sat facing backwards with my head down in my arms the rest of the ride. If I was closing my eyes and couldn't see, I felt better. There were about 4 others in the family who also barfed and joined me in the back. It's pretty comical now that it's over. But being sick for more than half of a 4 hour boat ride is miserable! Not sure if I'll ever do that again. : )

We rented vespas for two days to explore the island on. This was also my favorite part. I love riding vespas and just riding wherever I want. It was so much fun!
The last day we went snuba diving. I was so scared to do this because I am pretty scared of water and all things fish. So it took a little bit for me to actually go all the way underwater with my snuba mask. But I have to say it was so cool! We went so early on a cloudy day so it was freezing by the end, but I am so glad I did it! I even got to see a mini octopus and have it stick to my arm. Crazy. 

I think the best, most enjoyable part of our whole trip was getting snow cones at JoJos! Snowcones have been my number one craving this pregnancy, of course during December-March where I can't get any real ones! So it's safe to say I had at least 5 while I was there and could have gone for more. They were amazing. Blue Raspberry forever. 
I hit TWENTY weeks while we were there!
..........

I also am noticing how much I said 'amazing' in this post. Ever since the Jimmy Kimmel Bachelor episode I'm conscious of how much I saw it... But it is the only way to properly portray how AMAZING this trip really was. ; ) I'm already saving my pennies so Taylor and I will be able to go back someday! HUGE thanks to the Meeks for taking us on such an incredible trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment