Sunday, September 6, 2015

Olive's Blessing Day

We blessed Olive on September 6, 2015. Our church has been at 1:00 pm, but starting in September it switched to 9:00 am. Our stake switches based on school year, not calendar year. I was nervous we wouldn't make it on time since we couldn't even make it on time at 1:00 before! I spent the whole day Saturday cleaning and preparing the food for her blessing. I wanted to do mini breakfast foods, so my mom and I spent time practicing a few of the different foods to make sure they would turn out. We had mini sticky buns, coffee cake, quiche, parfaits, and cinnamon rolls. Oh, we also had fruit too, to make it healthy. ; ) Everything was set and we were actually ready a half hour early, believe it or not! I fed Olive one last time to make sure she was full and wouldn't get hungry during sacrament meeting, and we headed to the church. I loved seeing Olive in the dress I wore when I was blessed. It was so perfect and sweet. It made the day feel all the more special.
I was able to get her to fall asleep before church started, so she slept in my arms during the beginning part of sacrament meeting. Then I passed her to Taylor so he would be ready to take her up. There was another baby blessing right before ours and the mom kept her baby swaddled. Taylor brought Olive up without a swaddle and I was so nervous she would start fussing because she was cold. She woke up for the blessing and just looked around the circle the whole time and didn't make a peep. In the circle was Taylor, my dad, Ian, my grandpa, Steve, Jason, Trent, Alex, and Denis. Taylor gave her the most beautiful blessing. It could not have been more perfect. I wrote down some details in the journal I have been keeping for her after church so I could remember some details and share them with her when she is older. 
All day I was so emotional. My heart was going to explode I had so much love and gratitude in it. I felt like I needed to share my testimony. There was a lady who stood and talked for over 5 minutes. It felt more like a talk. I started getting worried about time so I stood up shortly after her. There was a guy already on the stage so he went and spoke forever. We were already after when the meeting was supposed to end and there was still myself and a little girl on the stand. The bishop motioned for me to keep it short which I would have anyway because we were already about 5 minutes over when the meeting was going to end. 
I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so grateful for the knowledge of my Savior and I know he lives. I have never been able to comprehend how much he truly loves me until he sent me sweet little Olive. I still can't believe I get to keep her forever and that God trusts me enough to take care of her. I hope she always knows how much her Heavenly Father loves her. In the past year I have seen so many miracles and tender mercies, aside from just the miracle of having a baby, and it has made my testimony grow more than it ever has in my entire life. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. I have never been on the receiving side of a prayer quite like I was while I was in labor, and I felt the prayers so strongly, I knew God was listening to myself and all those who were praying for us. I am just so grateful to be a mother. 
Olive's blessing day was perfect in every way. I kept looking around and couldn't believe that this is my life. That that was my little girl up there getting blessed. I am truly the one who is so blessed. I love my little family more than they will ever know. 
My grandpa LaVar June and my little Olive June

No comments:

Post a Comment