Sunday, November 22, 2015

Ashton, ID

 The day before our wedding, I lost my passport. Our plans of going to Cabo had to get cancelled, and we weren't sure what we were going to do. Everyone started offering up their cabins, houses, timeshares, etc. Our temple sealer even offered his cabin on the Oregon coast. If only... Anyway. We decided to go to Taylor's neighbor's cabin in Ashton, Idaho. He had been there before but I hadn't. It was incredible! I don't know if you can say cabin, it's bigger than any house I have ever seen. It is so beautiful and private and you have a perfect view of the Tetons. Heaven on earth. We have gone back again, and went back this weekend with Taylor's best friend Denis and his girlfriend, and his sister Maddy and her husband and two kids. I swear, I would go back every weekend if I could! It's only a 3 hour drive and it's so peaceful. Olive slept like like an ANGEL, compared to last week where she would wake at 3 am and want to party for a few hours. And she napped like a champ! Something so relaxing about a cabin... We went on walks each day and she loved being carried in a carrier, and even fell asleep both times. She hasn't fallen asleep on my chest in a while so I just wanted to carry her like that forever! It was one of my favorite moments as a mom so far- out in the prettiest nature with snow and my baby sleeping in my arms. HEAVEN! So I guess what I'm trying to say here, is you should always tell people your honeymoon got cancelled, even if it didn't. Great things will come from it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment